Policies & Rules on Internet Protocol and Autonomous System number set forth the terms and conditions of IP address and AS number management in Korea within the scope of Act on Internet Address Resources.
Korea Internet & Security Agency(KISA) has been delegated to manage the responsibilities of Internet Address Resources from Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning(MSIP), and Korea Network Information Center (KRNIC), as a division in KISA, has been providing the registration services of IP address, AS number and Domain name.
Mission of KISA encompasses a wide range of Internet-related activities from Internet Address Resources management to the promotion of Next Generation Internet.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Korea should have at least T1 connections with two and more ISPs or Internet eXchanges (IX).
As National Internet Registry (NIR) in Korea, KRNIC of KISA approves ISP based on the following documents.
• ISP registration form specially provided by KRNIC of KISA
• Public Internet service by a specific statute or Certificate of commercial telecommunication carriers
• Agreement to comply with "Policies on Internet Protocol Management"
• Business Plan for Internet access service
• User Agreement including IP address assignment information
• Internet network configuration topology and Certificate of network connection
• Renumbering Plan to change IP addresses
• IP address usage plan for the next one year